Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bring on the ObamaCare


Social Security and Disability aren't the only systems that are flawed (previous rant). Think about this:

My wife and I just found out that we are having our 3rd (and last) child. My crappy insurance through work is expensive and still doesn't cover prenatal care. So we start to shop for insurance. Apparently in Colorado nobody offers prenatal care because the plans would be too expensive. Good thing we income qualify for State health care. Here is the catch, because she has insurance she has to be off for 3 months with no insurance before receiving help from the State. Even though our insurance doesn't cover prenatal, she still has to go 3 months not covered at all. BUT, if we were illegal immigrants we could get immediate 100% state paid health care. This makes me optimistic about ObamaCare. Maybe someday I will actually look into what that bill contains but for now, knowing that it could be tied up for years before put into practice, I will just wait and hope that it at least helps the situation.



My suggestion is to make all illegals citizens, make them pay taxes and spread the debt evenly! Seriously. Look at all the states with heavy illegal alien populations and you will see the states that were hit hardest by the economy. There are a few exceptions like Michigan that lost the auto industry but other than that illegals seem to be a common denominator. 

The State and local governments would see an increase in revenue from common places like employment taxes, driver's licenses, and vehicle registrations. I say we legalize who is here and then tighten up the border. Who is with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment